In consideration of mutual considerations herein contained, sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, the Homestay Student and Liane’s Vancouver Homestay herewith mutually agree to the following terms:
1. The Homestay Student hereby appoints and authorizes LVH to be his/her homestay coordinator, and to find a host family on his/her behalf (the "Host Family").
2. LVH is not obliged to compensate the Homestay Student if he/she is assigned to a Host Family, but that family cancels without advance notice.
Terms and Conditions
3. The Homestay Student agrees to abide by, and will inform himself/herself of, all student terms and conditions as published and revised by LVH from time to time (the "LVH Student Terms and Conditions"). The most current version of the Student Terms and Conditions can always be found at http://www.LVHomestay.com/terms_and_conditions (the "LVH website"). The Homestay Student shall check and review the aforementioned Student Terms and Conditions at least once per month. LVH may forward notice to the Homestay Student highlighting any changes to the aforementioned Student Terms and Conditions when there are such changes.
4. If the Homestay Student cannot accept the proposed new changes to the Student Terms and Conditions, the Homestay Student can write to seek exemption from all new changes. If the Homestay Student does not give any notice to LVH to seek exemption from any changes to the Student Terms and Conditions within 15 days from the changes, the Homestay Student is deemed to have accepted the changes. The Homestay Student shall continue to abide by the new Student Terms and Conditions as revised from time to time.
5. The Homestay Student acknowledges that he/she has reviewed the most recent updated LVH Fee Schedule and Student Terms and Conditions, and confirmed his/her acceptance of the same, before accepting this agreement.
Timely Disclosure and Information Provided by Homestay Student
6. The Homestay Student warrants and represents that all information provided in the above application is true and correct and shall provide further information when requested by LVH. From the information provided by the Homestay Student, LVH will endeavor its best to find and secure a homestay arrangement for the Homestay Student.
Payment for Homestay Services
7. The Homestay Student will pay LVH the required homestay fee, or any other fees for services rendered, in accordance to the fee schedule as attached, and as published in the aforementioned LVH website (the "LVH Fee Schedule"). The Homestay Student understands that payments are due when services are rendered and/or when LVH renders its statement of account, whichever is the earliest. The Homestay Student understands that interest will be charged and payable on any unpaid balance commencing 14 days after the statement date at the rate of 2% compounded per month (26.8% per annum) with partial payments being applied firstly in payment of interest. The Homestay Student further acknowledges that LVH reserves its rights to revise its fees from time to time. The most current version of the Fee Schedule can be found at https://www.LVHomestay.com/homestay-fees.
8. The Homestay Student understands that LVH reserves the right to withhold services if accounts are not settled on time.
9. The Homestay Student agrees to abide by all reasonable house rules instituted by the Host Family.
10. The Homestay Student acknowledges that considerable time and effort is required to find and secure homestay arrangements. The Homestay Student shall refrain from directly contracting with the host families arranged by LVH, and refrain from bypassing LVH for any homestay arrangements and/or related matter. This applies even if the Homestay Student wishes to stay in the Host Family’s home beyond the length of his/her school program. In addition, the Homestay Student agrees to take all necessary steps to avoid any real or potential conflict of interest. Any conflict of interest committed by the Homestay Student will be in breach of this agreement. The Homestay Student further agrees to pay LVH a reasonable procurement fee if the Homestay Student breaches the covenant herein stated and bypasses LVH in dealing with host families arranged or supplied by LVH.
11. The Homestay Student agrees to indemnify the Host Family and LVH for all loss or damages caused to a Host Family member, or their guest, by a Homestay Student, or his/her guest’s, act or omission.
12. LVH will endeavor its best to facilitate a "good match" between the Homestay Student and the Host Family. However, the Homestay Student understands and agrees that LVH cannot guarantee the compatibility between him/her and the Host Family, nor will LVH assume any liability arising from the actions or omissions of other parties, including that of the Homestay Student or the Host Family, once the homestay arrangement is approved and accepted by the School or by the Homestay Student. A homestay arrangement is approved and accepted by the parties when the arrangement is confirmed, or when the Homestay Student commences his/her homestay with the Host Family, whichever is earlier.
13. The Homestay Student understands that LVH has the right to terminate any participating homestay arrangement with 30 days notice without cause, or without notice when there is cause. LVH retains discretion to make all final determination in this regard. The Homestay Student also understands and agrees that LVH may reassign the Homestay Student’s homestay, and request that the Homestay Student relocate to a new homestay family at anytime without notice.
14. The Homestay Student must give 30 days written notice to terminate his/her LVH arranged homestay.
15. The waiver by any party of any breach or violation of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate or be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or violation.
16. In the event that one or more of the provisions is found to be unenforceable, this Agreement shall not be rendered inoperative and the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
17. This constitutes the whole Agreement between the parties. Any amendments to this Agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
Revised Jan 2011